Antonella Bianchi, M.D.
Diabetes, Metabolism, Endocrinology
- MEDICAL DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine, University of Rome” La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy, Magna Cum Laude
- RESIDENCY: Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, affiliated with Tufts University School of Medicine
- FELLOWSHIPS: Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York City, New York and Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire
- SPECIALTY: Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism
- CLINICAL INTERESTS: Diabetes, hyperlipidemia, thyroid diseases, parathyroid diseases, pituitary diseases, adrenal glands diseases, hirsutism, polycystic ovarian syndrome, amenorrhea and osteoporosis.
- RESEARCH: Basic and clinical research in endocrinology with publications in several medical journals, received grants from the National Institute of Health, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and American Heart Association.
- FACULTY APPOINTMENT: Clinical Associate Professor, Endocrine Division, University of Florida/Shands, Gainesville, Florida (2015-2020)
- AWARDS: Recognition plaques from the University of Florida in appreciation for Outstanding Service, Dedication and Care to Patients and Peers, also proud recipient of the 2012 Physician of the Year Award from Florida Hospital Tampa