Naples Imaging Specialist Sadia Khanani, MD, FSBI, is here to better coordinate your healthcare from your primary-care physician to one of our specialty offices. In collaboration with your primary-care physician, she understands your health history, offering you a seamless patient experience.
Dr. Khanani is the Director of Women’s Imaging for Millennium Physician Group. She is fellowship trained in Breast Imaging from Harvard Medical School/ Massachusetts General Hospital and was previously an Associate Professor of Radiology at Mayo Clinic. She brings her years of expertise from top-ranked medical centers and her strong clinical and research background to provide you exceptional breast care.
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Rice University, Houston, Texas, Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa
- Education: Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Other Education: Harvard Business School Value-Based Healthcare Delivery, Massachusetts General Hospital Health Policy and Management, and the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Comparative Effectiveness Research Training (CERT) Program
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Fellowship: Breast Imaging, Harvard Medical School/ Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Specialty: Breast Imaging
- Clinical Interests: Breast screening, breast cancer diagnosis, advanced breast imaging technologies, breast tomosynthesis, breast MRI, abbreviated breast MRI, high-risk screening, and artificial intelligence in clinical practice
- Accolades: Dr. Khanani’s accolades include Fellow of Society of Breast Imaging (FSBI), the American College of Radiology J.T. Rutherford Government Relations Fellowship, RSNA Certificates of Merit, RSNA Cum Laude Award, Massachusetts General Hospital President’s Prize for Value Based-Healthcare Delivery Proposal, and the Journal of Breast Imaging (JBI) Exceptional Reviewer Award.
- Professional Societies: Dr. Khanani is actively involved in the Society of Breast Imaging (SBI), the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
- Editorial Responsibilities: Dr. Khanani is an associate editor for the Journal of Breast Imaging (JBI) and is a reviewer for various peer-reviewed journals.
- Research: Dr. Khanani has an extensive interest in innovative computational methods to enhance breast cancer care. She is particularly interested in utilizing advanced technologies to improve care of patients with and without breast cancer. She has published numerous peer-reviewed articles in multiple prestigious journals.
- Hobbies: Running and exploring different cuisines
- Philosophy of Care: “My philosophy of care is to treat every patient as if I was treating a loved one.”